Please see below a list of frequently asked questions, if you have a question or query not covered here please do not hesitate to ask.
How long does it take to set up when you arrive?
We can be up in the air and filming in 5 minutes
What’s the maximum weight you can lift?
Up to 6KG
How far can it fly?
Up to 500m horizontally with line of sight
How high can you fly?
We are only permitted to fly up to 400ft but we can apply for special permissions through the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to fly higher
How fast can your drone fly?
Our drones can fly up to 50mph
Can we see view live footage from the aerial camera?
Yes, we have a live video downlink camera operator
Do you have public liability insurance?
Yes, up to £5 million as well as equipment and employer’s liability
How many people does it take to fly a drone?
Our drones require 1 Pilot and 1 camera operator
Can weather be a problem?
Unfortunately we cannot fly in rain and wind above 20mph. We check the forecast from a range of sources on a regular basis and keep our clients updated
Can you fly indoors?
Yes, indoor flights are possible but full details of the building/room will be looked into before a job is agreed
Are there any restrictions?
- We cannot fly over or within 150 metres of a congested area unless we have Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) special permissions
- We cannot fly over or within 150 metres of a organised open-air assembly of more than 1000 persons unless we have Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) special permissions
- We have to maintain a 50 metres radius from the general public, vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft unless we have Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) special permissions
How much does it cost?
Each project is priced individually as the time and complexity on each project will vary, however below is an example price guide
- Full Day filming and photography including basic post production start from £825
- Half day filming and photography including basic post production start from £500
- Hourly rates including basic post production start from £125
- £0.40 per mile
- Accommodation is chargeable where required
- Free consultation and quote available upon request
- 25% deposit is required to secure bookings
Sky Cam Productions are an aerial filming, video production and photography company covering the whole of the UK. If you have a project that you would like to discuss then please call our friendly team on 01908 614 425